Effective Date: 01/09/2015
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries within which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
Information We Obtain
We may obtain personal information about our consumers (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the BAC websites, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pickup of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which we participate, and (v) promotions and other offers.
The types of personal information we may obtain include, but are not limited to:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as (i) shipping-related contact details like the shipper’s and consignee’s name, physical address, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) BAC account number, and (iv) information given to us that helps us access locations to which we provide service) and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content
- Information that enables us to verify your identity
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
- Username and password to access BAC products and services online
- Social media handles
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account number)
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions or sweepstakes
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a BAC product or service
When we pick up or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations.
In addition, when you visit our websites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain to
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services you request (such as logistics, customs clearance, and financial services)
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Establish and manage your BAC account
- Offer you products and services we believe may interest you
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions
- Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with BAC through social media
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer search, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites, identify users of our websites, and gather demographic information about our users. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our websites, how users navigate through our websites, and how we may tailor our websites to better meet the needs of our users.
We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection
Information We Share
We may also disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Access and Correction
Links To Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with BAC. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with BAC, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although we take steps to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized individuals, information that is located on the outside of the package or letter may be visible to others.
How To Contact Us
8351 NW 21st Street
Doral, FL 33122